Paper Submission Instructions and Guidelines
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
November 9, 2018
The ILSC Submission System opens on Thursday, March 22, 2018
All final manuscripts are due by January 15, 2019.
ILSC is a comprehensive four-day conference covering all aspects of laser safety practice and hazard control. Scientific sessions will address developments in regulatory, mandatory and voluntary safety standards for laser products and for laser use. A two-day Technical and two-day Medical Practical Applications Seminar (PAS) complement the scientific sessions by exploring everyday scenarios that the Laser Safety Officer (LSO) or Medical Laser Safety Officer (MLSO) may encounter.
- Submitted abstracts should contain original, recent, unpublished results. Your abstract should be a minimum of 100 and a maximum of 200 words in length. Authors are encouraged to indicate the current phase of their work. Commercial papers will not be accepted.
- Authors are asked to secure company and/or government security clearance to present and publish as early as possible. This enables LIA to ensure the quality of the conference and to minimize last minute withdrawal of papers.
- Please secure travel and accommodation funding through sponsoring organizations prior to submitting abstracts. We regret that travel and accommodation funding is not available through LIA.
Manuscript Submission Deadline:
January 15, 2019
Manuscript deadlines must be strictly observed! Late manuscripts will NOT be published in the proceedings. This policy enables LIA to better serve conference participants by publishing the proceedings before the conference and distributing them onsite. Your cooperation is appreciated by all.
How to Submit:
Please note: If you are not the author and are submitting on behalf of someone else, you MUST contact the LIA Conference Department (Click Here) after the submission. Please provide the abstract number, author/presenter full name, company, and email address. This is to ensure that the author/presenter can access their abstract information and upload a manuscript.
- If you do not have an account in CATALYST, click on the Create Account tab.
- Enter your email address, password and confirm the password. Click the Sign Up button.
- An email will be sent to you.
- Click on the turquoise button in the email labeled, Confirm Account.
- You will receive an email to log in.
- Once logged in, a turquoise box will pop up at the top of your screen indicating you have created a submission.
- Read the Instructions tab.
- Complete all the required fields on all the tabs.
- Click Save, on the bottom right of your screen after you complete each tab.
- Click on the Publish button on the bottom right of your screen when you are ready to submit your abstract.
Conference program and logistics questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical support can be accessed via the Support button in the navigation bar at the top of the screen once you have logged into your CATALYST account.
Submission Info At-a-Glance
Call for Submissions Opens
March 22nd 2018
Call for Submissions Closes
November 9th 2018
International Laser Safety Conference (ILSC 2019)
March 18-21, 2018